Saturday, July 23, 2005

Water Problem

After more than one month of water problem, we are heaving a sign of relief. the sump has been constructed and water has been filled in the sump. The water problem has been solved, at least ,to some extent.
Chennai is facing severe water problems for quite some time now. The well dried for the first time way back in 1983. We deepened it 60 feet, after which we didn't have problems till 2002. The well was dry again and I had drilled a bore well 200 feet deep. I was happy that I didn't have to face another crisis, but my happiness was short lived. The bore also went dry in 2004. I had the bore well flushed and due to the rain, the problem was over for the year. Again this year, the well went dry and the bore well followed the suit. I was left with no other option, but to build a sump for storing water bought from water tanker.
The only way to end this water problem in Chennai is to desalinate the sea water. Hope that the government does that and put and end to the acute water problem this city is facing.

No comments: