Friday, February 19, 2010

passed master's exams

I have been late in posting this. But, its better late than never. After, I got down from the ship in March 2008, I joined classes to enable me to appear in Master(F.G) exam. It was a one month course and I did it in National Maritime Academy(NMA), Chennai during July-Aug 2008. The written exam was in Sept 2008 and the results were out in Oct 2008. I had cleared the written paper quite easily. The tough thing was the orals. It was in Oct, that I appeared in the orals. I went to the MMD, just in time for my orals. I was very tensed and maybe that's why I didn't get through, that time. I appeared for the orals again on Nov 3rd and cleared it easily.
I was so happy, that I can't find words to express my feelings. I am a Master(F.G) now. My dream has come true, at last.
I have achieved this in spite of so many hurdles, which I faced in every step I took. It is easy for people to say that these hurdles are there in everybody's life. Facing hurdles in life is easier when one has the support of near and dear. But when these hurdles are from near and dear, it is a Himalayan task to overcome these and get going. I have to thank the Almighty for making this come true.

No comments: