Monday, March 22, 2010

My first appearance in TV

It was 1500 hrs on 18th March 2010. I got a call from NDTV-Hindu correspondent that she wanted to see me and asked the location of my home. How soon things develop! I had written to them regarding the problems with MTH Road and here they were. She came with her cameraman and asked me to come to the main road. I went there and she asked me to say, in brief about the problems. I must admit that I was very nervous to speak in front of a microphone. But I managed. I told her the problems like lack of median, narrow road, too many accidents and lots of schools & hospitals near by. They were there in Ambattur area from morning, taking video of the road, the traffic and also had talked to some people. I was told that it would be broadcast the next day morning. I got up at 0700(very unusual for me to do so), due to the curiousity. I switched on the TV and was seeing the channel. At 0800, the news started and in the headlines, the news reader mentioned about MTH Road. Soon it was broadcast and I was on TV. I watched the news, at the same time recording it in my digital camera. The same thing was again telecast at 0900. Amma, who was asleep during the earlier telecast, also saw it. I feel happy that I have done something for the place where I have lived for almost 33 years. Hopefully something happens and the road is widened. 
I have put up the clip in facebook and U-Tube

No comments: